Expert Roofing Company
Ridgeline Exteriors has been providing expert roofing and siding installation & repair services to Sanford, ME, Wells, ME, Kennebunk, ME and a variety of locations across Maine and New Hampshire since 2011. If you need a reliable roofing company in Sanford, ME, please call the expert roofing contractors at Ridgeline Exteriors today! (207) 432-0810
Variety of Services Provided
- Asphalt Shingle Repairs and Installation Asphalt shingles have been the most common roofing material for well over a century. They are inexpensive when compared to other roofing materials, but are still durable and easy to install. We can repair and install a wide variety of asphalt shingles for your roof. If you want to have a roofer in Kennebunk, ME who is among the best, give Ridgeline Exteriors a call.
- Flat Roof We install flat roofing systems on commercial properties, and on certain residential properties such as carports or garages. We can install a variety of flat roofing systems, depending on your particular situation and needs. From PVC and EPDM to MBR and BUR, Ridgeline Exteriors can help!
- Gutters We have a variety of styles and materials to provide you with the ideal gutter system for your home or commercial property.
- Metal Roofing Repair and Installation Metal roofs are known for their durability, vibrant colors, and wide range of color choices.
- Siding Siding helps add definition and color to your home. There are a variety of materials, patterns, styles, and colors to help you create the perfect look and façade you want. Each material provides different aesthetic properties, degrees of durability, weather resistance, versatility, and ease of installation.
- Windows We can repair and install a wide variety of windows to meet your needs specifically.
If you need a reliable, courteous, professional roofing contractor in Sanford, ME, Wells, ME, or Kennebunk, ME, Ridgeline Exteriors can help! (207) 432-0810
Residential Roof Services
Ridgeline Exteriors offers a wide range of residential roofing services. Talk to a roofing contractor in Sanford, ME, Wells, ME, Kennebunk, ME, and a variety of locations across Maine and New Hampshire to learn more! We use quality asphalt shingles from Owens Corning, and premium cedar wood shakes and shingles on all our quality roofing services.
Asphalt shingles generally come in two forms: organic and fiberglass.
- Fiberglass shingles have a base mat made of fiberglass strands woven tightly together. This mat is covered with asphalt, and the top of the asphalt is embedded with colored ceramic granules which give color and depth to the shingle while protecting the asphalt from UV rays. By using a fiberglass base mat, less asphalt is required to achieve the same level of durability and strength, resulting in a lighter and thinner shingle. Fiberglass shingles are typically more resistant to fire, and were first developed in the 1980’s.
- Organic shingles are made with a base mat of felt paper. This layer is saturated with asphalt to make the paper waterproof, and another layer of asphalt is added. Ceramic granules are embedded into this outer layer of asphalt. These shingles are typically heavier, but are more durable and flexible. They are prone to warping over time due to absorbing moisture and then drying out.
Asphalt Shingle Types
- Architectural shingles do not have any cutouts and are laminated with another layer of asphalt. This creates additional depth and helps reinforce the shingle, making it more durable and more waterproof. Asphalt shingles are not designed for all roofs, however, and can be susceptible to damage from wind-driven rain.
- Three-tab shingles are made with pre-cut tabs along the lower edge. This gives the illusion of 3 separate pieces being present where there is only one, creating more depth, and they are among the most economical shingles available.
- Wood Shingles/Shakes – Wood is a durable roofing product that gives your home a unique,natural look that cannot be emulated by other roofing materials.
We proudly install and recommend Owens Corning certified shingles for their beauty, performance, and variety. We have wide range of styles and colors available to match your home’s existing theme or to make a bold new statement.
Commercial Roof Services
We can repair or install commercial roofing systems, including metal roofs and flat roofing systems such as TPO roofing, EPDM rubber, built-up roofs, or modified bitumen applications. If your commercial building needs a new roof or is experiencing problems with ponding water, leaks, weatherization, or failing seams, give the professional roofing contractors at Ridgeline Exteriors a call!
Flat Roof Materials
- Built-Up Roofs are made with layers of felt or fabric that are saturated with asphalt to provide a thick, durable, waterproof roofing system. These roofing systems can be very heavy, and are therefore only installed on certain roofs, or once special bracing has been build underneath to support the extra weight.
- EPDM Rubber is a durable, flexible roofing system that can last for 50 years in moderate climates. These systems are applied in much the same way as PVC systems, and are therefore prone to failure at the seams, where adhesive must be applied.
- Modified Bitumen Roofs use a roll of either asphalt or tar pitch, and are applied to the roof with either heat or adhesive. These roofing systems are cost-effective and are very reflective, but are susceptible to tears and scuffs.
- PVC roofing systems employ rolls of plastic to provide excellent durability and reflective properties. The downside to PVC roofing systems is that the seams are prone to failure over time, and are often the first places to fail.
Exterior Services Offered
Ridgeline Exteriors proudly offers a variety of residential and commercial exterior services in addition to our high-quality roofing services. If your building needs new wood, vinyl, fiberglass, or fiber-cement siding, we can help you explore all available options.
When you choose a roofing contractor in Sanford, Wells or Kennebunk from our team, you will never be disappointed in your choice!
- Brick siding is made from fired clay, and comes in a variety of sizes and textures. Brick siding can last the entire life of your house, but is more difficult to install and requires waterproof membranes between the layer of brick and the house to prevent water damage.
- Fiber-cement siding offers the look of masonry, wood, or stucco at a lower cost. The relatively inexpensive cost, ease of installation, durability, and resistance to fire or termites make fiber-cement siding a very popular choice for commercial and residential applications alike. Fiber-cement siding is made from a mixture of sand, cement, and cellulose fibers.
- Vinyl siding is inexpensive, versatile, and easy to maintain. Among the most popular choices for siding in the U.S., vinyl siding comes in a variety of styles and colors.
- Wood siding offers a rich, natural look and is a very durable material. Wood siding requires regular maintenance such as painting and staining in order to prevent weatherization, and is susceptible to damage from rodents or insects.
Exterior Services We Offer
Gutters serve to protect the eaves of your home, your windows, and the foundation from water damage. As rainwater flows over time, it can erode these areas of your home and allow mold to grow, rotting wood and potentially causing respiratory problems. We are happy to repair or install gutters in a variety of styles and sizes.
Windows – There are a variety of window styles, shapes, and sizes available for each room of your home. Windows help to allow natural light and fresh air into your home to keep it war, dry, and well-circulated. Windows also play a large part in determining the style of your house, and almost any window can be customized.
- Bay, or Bow